Twitter, the new media giant that became a publicly traded company last year, boasts 270 million monthly active users who send 500 million tweets a day. With metrics as fascinating as this, hoteliers can’t afford to not be utilizing this social media behemoth properly.
Within the window of 140 characters, it is essential to reach and engage with travel shoppers while still highlighting the individuality of your hotel. Whether you like it or not, social media is vital to the overall health of your brand.
Twitter’s easily digestible template caters to the rapidly declining attention span of the average consumer. Travel shoppers are using Twitter for inspiration, to research hotels and understand further how these details can enhance their overall vacation experience.
Rich media has collided head on with this real-time medium and both have their hands firming grasped on the entire travel phase. Take these numbers in:
- 71% tweet while on holiday.
- 44% of people are most likely to engage with brands that posts photos over any other type of media.
- Adding a photo to your tweet can boost retweets by 35%.
Our Twitter Cheat Sheet for Hotel Marketers explains:
- How to craft the perfect tweet that’s exciting, engaging and effective
- Ideas for telling a visual story
- A checklist to find out how your hotel stands on Twitter
Download our Cheat Sheet to get started on this important social channel.