This infographic by eMarketer raises some interesting points about small businesses missing the mark on optimizing their websites for mobile devices. It seems that many have yet to latch on to the growth of mobile for shopping and buying, therefore missing out on potential customers.
- 74% of small businesses have yet to design a mobile-optimized version of their websites[i]
- 9 out of 10 small business owners believe mobile-optimized websites are unnecessary[ii]
- 40% of small business owners don’t even know how their website appears on a Smartphone[iii]
With mobile shopping increasing across all industries, businesses need to start re-thinking their online strategy to ensure that mobile becomes part of their plans.
- Mobile search has grown by 500% in the past two years[i]
- 45% of people own a mobile device that allows them to browse the internet[ii]
- 2/3 people say they are likely to explore, shop and book travel activities through their mobile device[iii]
With these numbers, it seems natural that business owners would move optimizing their websites for Smartphones and Tablets to the top of their to-do lists.
Like small businesses, hotels also need mobile-optimized websites – meaning a website that displays seamlessly on Smartphones and Tablets and is designed (optimized) specifically for these devices. The purpose is to ensure that the growing number of mobile consumers can easily access your hotel’s information – regardless of the device that the consumer is using to access it. If you give a consumer a site that is presented in a way that makes sense, they are much more likely to explore your site and eventually book.
Where is mobile on your to-do list?