Webinar Wrap-Up: How to Create a Top Performing B&B Website
You only have the amount of time that it takes to blink in order to catch a website visitor’s attention.
In fact, 81% of people abandon a travel booking online – if your website doesn’t provide travel shoppers with the right information they’re looking for, is hard to navigate and book, then you’ll lose them.
That’s what I chatted about during our webinar last week on How to Create a Top Performing B&B Website with Bob Tubbs, Owner of Cedars of Williamsburg Bed & Breakfast and Mark Hayward, Former Innkeeper & Digital Marketing Expert.
If you couldn’t attend, here are some key points we discussed to improve the performance of your website and improve bookings:
How Bob Tubbs Increased Website Traffic by 12-15%
- Bob Tubbs explained he had to evolve and adapt to new technologies such as:
- Search engine compatibility
- Platform formatting – making sure his website was compatible for mobile
- New social media channels
- To achieve his results, first he determined his website’s goals
- Know what you want to accomplish and what type of guests you want to attract
- Make sure your website’s content communicates to your target audience and make your marketing materials consistent
- Include reviews to interact with your guests
- As a result of focusing on specific goals, he was able to increase website traffic by 12-15% and have a record year of revenue.
How Mark Hayward Turned an In-Debt Property Into a Thriving Success
- Mark also focused on educating himself on digital marketing best practices to tell travel shoppers everything the property had to offer
- He focused on improving his website to include many photos and descriptive text about his B&B
- By setting guest expectations early, he was able to garner improved reviews
- He also included a blog on his website not just about the property, but about all the features the destination had to offer and included interviews with guests; building trust in future customers.
If you couldn’t attend and want to catch up on some of the important points made, check out the recording from the presentation or view the slides here.